Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To facebook or not to facebook?

One of the first things they told us in 1L orientation was to delete our online social network profiles. They must have known that then we wouldn't (after all, then what the hell would we do in class), because the next thing they said was to at least put them on restricted viewing... or at the very minimum, clean up all content to a level you wouldn't mind a potential employer seeing.

So this cautionary direction came to mind when I sat at my computer earlier tonight deciding whether or not I should send friend requests to the associates at the summer firm I'm working for. The very first alert that shot up in my mind was ABSOLUTELY NOT--ARE YOU FUCKING DEMENTED. But the more I thought about it, the more I was tempted. What would I gain from doing this? Just about nothing. And despite the obvious fact that I don't want people gathering around a computer tomorrow laughing at pictures of me lying on the floor with a watermelon on my head, I still kind of think it seems like a good idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

see, and all my 1L friends didn't have a facebook account UNTIL they started law school.

you should totally add them and tease them mercilessly.

Guy Fawkes said...

Don't. Do. It.

Justice Moustache said...

Yeah, I know, I know--I wasn't really planning on it. It was just so tempting.

Anonymous said...

How much would it really hurt to get a reputation of creepy stalker person around the office, before you start, anyway?

Justice Moustache said...

In response to the above comment, I should also mention that I've already met and spoken with them all.

But it's probably still a valid point.

Anonymous said...

Aw, well that's way less fun.

Also, too bad you didn't end up going here; you could have watched the crew team fall down the stairs today.

C'est la vie.